How to use iSCSI Backend on Proxmox VE

BirdyB

Jul 24, 2014
Hi there,

i've got a little problem. I'd like to use iSCSI as Storage on my Proxmox VE Farm. Unfortunately i can't ge iSCSI to work.
What i did:
I created a Target on my FreeNAS-Storage-Device -worked-

I added iSCSI via WebGUI -worked-

I tried to create an LVM as the option "LVM Group" is not available. -failed-

Error: create storage failed: command '/usr/bin/file -L -s /dev/disk/by-id/scsi-SFreeBSD_iSCSI_Disk_100000010' failed: exit code 1 (500)

I have no idea what to do now.

Can anybody help please?

Best Regards!

BirdyB

Hi there,
i've got a little problem. I'd like to use iSCSI as Storage on my Proxmox VE Farm. Unfortunately i can't ge iSCSI to work.

Hi, I never had troubles with that but I also never used freebsd (but I will have to, just to have a systemd alternative...), so I can't speak for that side. But I assume your pve hosts have permissions on the iSCSI LUN.

Have you followed this
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model#LVM_Groups_with_Network_Backing

ie: have you set the "disable 'use LUNs direcly' " option?

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!