Changing color of Proxmox GUI

Jan 12, 2015
I run 6 Proxmox servers and I've had a few near misses when modifying things. Is there any way to change the GUI colors in the web interface anywhere? I made some modifications to /usr/share/pve-manager/ext4/resources/css/ext-all.css (below) but I'd like to know if there is a way to do this from within proxmox itself, or at least put the changes somewhere where they won't be overwritten in an upgrade? Thanks!

Code:
.x-panel .x-grid-body {
  background-color: green
  border-color: black;
  border-style: solid;
  border-width: 1px;
  border-top-color: black
}

.x-panel-body-default {
  background: green
  border-color: black;
  color: black;
  border-width: 1px;
  border-style: solid
}

.x-border-layout-ct {
  background-color: green
}

+1 on that, I'd love to change a few colors, like set the running vms to show green instead of white.

This is an old post, but I'd like to share what I did with a recent 4.4 upgrade. I have many Proxmox host I work with all day long and really like having some sort of visual cue as to which host I'm working on. Just a little bit of color is enough to grab my attention when I tab over to the wrong browser window.

The 4.4 css file is in /usr/share/pve-manager/css/ext6-pve.css. You can add a few lines there to style some color in the proxmox 4.4 UI. This is a light purple below, but find a web color selector and you can change the numbers to whatever color your want. The first group of three numbers in the rgb() function are the R,G,B values. The fourth field is the transparency (alpha channel) of the color.

Bold, hi-contrasting colors do not work well with the 4.4 UI without also changing font colors across the board, so I opted for the least amount of editing neccesary by incorporating the alpha channel. You can insert the text between the hypens right at the top of the file somewhere.

Once you save and reload your browser, you will have some color. Likely this file will get updated with future proxmox updates and things will be back to all default so keep your changes saved somewhere.

# vi /usr/share/pve-manager/css/ext6-pve.css
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.x-window-header-top,
.x-window-header-default-top,
.x-tab-bar-body
{
background-color:rgba(139,53,134,.2);
}

.x-splitter-default, .x-splitter, .x-splitter-horizontal, .x-border-layout-ct
{
background-color:rgba(139,53,134,.4);
}

body>div:first-of-type
{
background:rgba(139,53,134,.4);
}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!