snapshots

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
on some systems 'Take Snapshot' option is not clickable from pve . On another it is.what are the rules for being able to take snapshots from pve? Is there a document I could not find?

I'm able to change from raw to qcow2 if a directory is used for storage.However I can't do the move to qcow2 when storage is LVM.Is there a way to allow snapshots using LVM storage?

The short answer: No.
Qcow2 needs a filesystem. However, you could create a filesystem on a LVM and then place your Qcow2 image on this storage.

The short answer: No.Qcow2 needs a filesystem. However, you could create a filesystem on a LVM and then place your Qcow2 image on this storage.
I'm using zfs/drbd/zvol for a few systems, so that won't work. However for all the other systems we now have snapshots, thank you.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!