External noVNC through ProxMox API

cakemasher

Apr 25, 2015
Hey,

Currently I'm trying to create an external VNC connection using the HTML VNC application 'noVNC'.
I'm using the ProxMox API commands 'vncproxy' and 'vncwebsocket' which almost work perfectly.

One problem tho. The connection only works when I'm logged in into the proxmox web panel, while this is exactly what I don't want.
I found this topic; http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/19...nsole-from-external-site-vncwebsocket-via-api
Which basically describes the same problem I'm facing.

The solution was to let noVNC login into the ProxMox web panel, providing the login into the javascript code (which is no option for me).
Or to alter the proxmox perl file to allow external VNC connections with ticket authorization, but without the proxmox login problem. To bad this person didn't respond any more, after some one else asked if he could share his solution.

Is there anyone that has a fix for the problems i'm facing described above?

Thanks in advance!

I'm kicking this topic up once again. Problem is, I don't really know how to develop my panel without this feature any further.

Thanks in advance!

this the support forum for "installation and configuration". if you want to get help on your own custom development, you should better ask on the development mailing list.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!