HA Config work with ip on fencedevice but don't work wirh hostname

Syrck

Apr 24, 2015
Hi,

I have two nodes working in HA in proxmox 3.3. The HA work correctly if i use ip on fencedevice:

<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" ip="192.168.1.10" login="login" name="fenceNodeA" passwd="password"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" ip="192.168.1.11" login="login" name="fenceNodeB" passwd="password"/>

But if i try to use hostname in fencedevice :

<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="proxmox1" login="login" name="fenceNodeA" passwd="password"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="proxmox2" login="login" name="fenceNodeB" passwd="password"/>

When i click to Activate for the new config, the system give me an error :

"config validation failed: unknown error (500)"

The hostnames are corrects. This is my cluster.conf.new :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster config_version="21" name="cluster">
<cman expected_votes="1" keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey" two_node="1"/>
<fencedevices>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="proxmox1" login="login" name="fenceNodeA" passwd="passwd"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="proxmox2" login="login" name="fenceNodeB" passwd="passwd"/>
</fencedevices>
<clusternodes>
<clusternode name="proxmox1" nodeid="1" votes="1">
<fence>
<method name="1">
<device action="reboot" name="fenceNodeA"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
<clusternode name="proxmox2" nodeid="2" votes="1">
<fence>
<method name="1">
<device action="reboot" name="fenceNodeB"/>
</method>
</fence>
</clusternode>
</clusternodes>
<rm>
<pvevm autostart="1" vmid="102"/>
</rm>
</cluster>

Maybe is because the clusternode name and host are the same name ?

Thanks in advance,

Kim

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!