Proxmox proxmox-ve-3.10.0 4.0-3

dimon99

Mar 27, 2015
Ukraine,Dnepropetrovsk
Hi guys! I'am a quite newer and I don't know where so I decided to write here.

I have a problem with my Proxmox proxmox-ve-3.10.0 4.0-31
all The Proxmox Virtual Environment

proxmox-ve-3.10.0 4.0-31

I installed it on the Debian jessie. When I created the cluster (3 nodes)

And I want to have HA on it. But I have a problem with HA

When I click on HA in the web I have an error

unknown file cluster.conf at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Cluster.pm line 906 (500)

I dont know what to do - because it's difficult to find any related information

to the error. I see that there is no cman any more So how to make cluster works?

Date: Fri Mar 27 13:03:34 2015

Quorum provider: corosync_votequorum

Nodes: 3

Node ID: 0x00000002

Ring ID: 268

Quorate: Yes

Votequorum information

----------------------

Expected votes: 3

Highest expected: 3

Total votes: 3

Quorum: 2

Flags: Quorate

Membership information

----------------------

Nodeid Votes Name

0x00000002 1 192.168.2.21 (local)

0x00000003 1 192.168.2.161

0x00000001 1 192.168.2.162

I would be appreciated for any help.

please do no double posts!

I was given a peace of advise to create the new post. So I had to

you already got an answer that installing on Jessie is not the right way. follow the advice and install from wheezy - or much easier, from our ISO.

It was a nice answer - I installed it on wheezy at first but then we made upgrade to jessie - now we have something about 20 kvm containers. It works in general - But we did several reconfigurations and it's possible that something went wrong. I can move vm from one node to another(glusterfs storage) but I would like to have HA and move resources. I found mentioning about it in the Internet. But there is no grmanager script any more. And it's possible that something is wrong with the cluster.conf. I made it on my own. HA does not show me anything but the error. I did not find how to recreate it automatically or using some service or a system script. That's why I decided to ask for advice Proxmox Guru. Reinstall is the easiest way but not always right. I prefer to find the problem than to start again from the scratch.

Last edited:
you cannot upgrade a 3.x install to jessie. jessie development is in progress, but upgrades are NOT possible currently.

you cannot upgrade a 3.x install to jessie. jessie development is in progress, but upgrades are NOT possible currently.

I upgraded wheezy to jessie and now I'am using pvetest repo.
This is my cluster.conf as I understand it should be the same on the all cluster nodes. Should it be only at /etc/cluster or at /etc/pve/? How to recreate it? Is there any tool now to check if the current config ok? Should I change the version of the file (I tried to change)

root@staging1:/etc/cluster# cat ./cluster.conf
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster name="cluster" config_version="9">

<cman keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey"/>
<clusternodes>
<clusternode name="staging1" votes="1" nodeid="3"/>
<clusternode name="staging2" votes="1" nodeid="1"/>
<clusternode name="devel" votes="1" nodeid="2"/></clusternodes>

</cluster>

Last edited:
There will be no cman/rgmanager for jessie. Instead, we will use corosync2 ....
But the jessie packages are not ready right now.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!