BACKUP vm unable to boot with another proxmox server

Venkata

Feb 23, 2015
Hi All,
I took backup of windows8 vm and i trying to run same backup file into another node. But in second node that backup file is not running. same process i did for NAS4FREE vm, that is running perfectly. Windows 8 vm and microtic router vm is not running. both proxmox servers in same versions.

i did process like this:
1. first i created storage with supporting of VZDumbbackupfile,
2. i went backup tab of windowsvm and selected backup button, i choose respective storage and snapshot[live backup] and LZO.
3. once back created, with the use of winscp, i downloaded backup file into my local system and placed into another proxmox node[in same VZDumbackfile storage]
4. in Second node, first i had selected backup vm and clicked restore button, vm created.
5. when i am trying to power on that vm, its not getting powering on..

this is what i did,,, same process i did for nas4free... nas4free vm working well in second node..

if any other process is there please let me know.[don't say cluster, because i looking for with out cluster]
please help me regarding,,

thanks so much for advance

Regards
Venkata

Hi All,
I took backup of windows8 vm and i trying to run same backup file into another node. But in second node that backup file is not running. same process i did for NAS4FREE vm, that is running perfectly. Windows 8 vm and microtic router vm is not running. both proxmox servers in same versions.

i did process like this:
1. first i created storage with supporting of VZDumbbackupfile,
2. i went backup tab of windowsvm and selected backup button, i choose respective storage and snapshot[live backup] and LZO.
3. once back created, with the use of winscp, i downloaded backup file into my local system and placed into another proxmox node[in same VZDumbackfile storage]
4. in Second node, first i had selected backup vm and clicked restore button, vm created.
5. when i am trying to power on that vm, its not getting powering on..

this is what i did,,, same process i did for nas4free... nas4free vm working well in second node..

if any other process is there please let me know.[don't say cluster, because i looking for with out cluster]
please help me regarding,,

thanks so much for advance

Regards
Venkata
Hi,
what output do you got, if you try to start the VM from the console?
Code:
qm start VMID
# like "qm start 123"
can you also post the VM-config?
Code:
cat /etc/pve/qemu-server/VMID.conf
Udo

Hi, most likely the conf is referring to some unavailable resource.

you can
- post the vm .conf file here so others can spot possible problems there
- try to start the vm from the node command line, like

#qm start <VMID>

you should get an error message where you should see reported problems that prevent your vm to boot.

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!