Maximum on Web/Console access

Rudi Swennen

May 14, 2014
Heverlee, Belgium
Dear Proxmox forum,

I installed an educational Proxmox 3-node cluster environment for ca. 200 users.
Each user has 3 systems to administer.
I would like to use this environment during tests.

Question 1: Is it possible to give all 200 users simultaneously acces to the proxmox web-interface on port 8006 or is there some restriction on the number of accessed users? If there is a restriction is there a way to extend this limit?
Question 2: If all 200 users/students have acces to the proxmox web-interface would it be possible to have them, all 200, to open the consoles to their 3 systems without performance impact on the proxmox nodes?

Thanks for the response.

Rudi

Dear Proxmox forum,

I installed an educational Proxmox 3-node cluster environment for ca. 200 users.
Each user has 3 systems to administer.
I would like to use this environment during tests.

Question 1: Is it possible to give all 200 users simultaneously acces to the proxmox web-interface on port 8006 or is there some restriction on the number of accessed users? If there is a restriction is there a way to extend this limit?
Question 2: If all 200 users/students have acces to the proxmox web-interface would it be possible to have them, all 200, to open the consoles to their 3 systems without performance impact on the proxmox nodes?

Thanks for the response.

Rudi

Few questions:

1. What kid of hardware are these nodes? 200 users w/ 3 VM's a piece could get..well, rough.
2. What kind of storage do you have backing these?
3. Is there a reason you can't simply give the users the IP addresses of their VM's, and have them access them through whatever is good for the os? RDP, VNC, NX, etc. Setting IP's or Hostnames could easily be done via Saltstack/ansible/kickstarts, etc

Few answers:
1. each server has 24 cores and 160GB of memory
2. DS2440 with 6TB as storage system
3. If "the students" need to change the IP address of their server during the exercises => Console is really necessary

I hope this can help?

kr,

Rudi

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!