regarding resource pool

Venkata

Feb 23, 2015
Hi All,
I am new for proxmox. we have option called "pool". When i click create button it was asked about name and comment. i gave name "new".
while i am creating new vm, in resource pool tab i saw "new" pool name.

what i am asking, while creating pool i gave only name, but i din't gave any memory details or cpu details or storage details.
so what is the use of pool?,
am i missing anything for creating pool?
is any other way for adding memory details for pool?

thanks for advance..

Regards
Venkata

Hi Dietmar,
Thanks you so much for your valuable response. i understand what your said. So this resource pool not act as a vmware resource pool right.

VMWare resource pool means: while we creating resource pool we will assign some memory size[10gb or 15gb].
if we create vm with 4gb memory, after creation we add that vm to resource pool, if that vm required more memory[i.e more than 4gb] automatically it will take from resource pool up to 10GB or 15gb.

So my doubt is, in proxmox this type of resource pool facility is avilable?

Thank you so much..

Regards
Venkata

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!