ZFS over iSCSI doesn't work

Thunder

Mar 19, 2015
Hi,

I'am trying to setup a ZFS over iSCSI configuration on Proxmox 3.4.
I created the ZFS pool on the server (Ubuntu 12.04) and the iSCSI target (IET).
Config files:
IET:
Code:
Target iqn.2014-10.proxmoxhoz.server:proxmoxzfs01
    Lun 0 Path=/dev/zvol/zfspool01,Type=blockio

I'am sure this is not 100% correct because:
Code:
iscsi_trgt: blockio_open_path(167) Can't open device /dev/zvol/zfspool01, error -15
kernel: [61709.931807] iscsi_trgt: blockio_attach(294) Error attaching Lun 0 to Target iqn.2014-10.proxmoxhoz.server:proxmoxzfs01
ietd: unable to create logical unit 0 in target 3: 15
Anywa i realized this error later after tried to find out what could be the problem.

Befora that i tried to create a KVM machine.
storage.cfg
Code:
zfs: 
ZFS01
blocksize 4k
target iqn.2014-10.proxmoxhoz.server:proxmoxzfs01
pool zfspool01
iscsiprovider iet
portal 172.18.99.199
content images
nowritecache

So, when i want to create a new KVM machine it dies with this error message:
Code:
TASK ERROR: create failed - 137: Parse error [    Lun 0 Path=/zfspool01] at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/LunCmd/Iet.pm line 175. 
or (mostly)
TASK ERROR: create failed - 138: Parse error [   ] at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Storage/LunCmd/Iet.pm line 189.

When i check my zfs, the disk is created.

Are you have any idea what could cause the problem?

Thanks, Robert

ZFS over iSCSI corrently only supports Solaris/Omnios/Nexenta, FreeNAS, and NAS4Free. It might work on others by coincident.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!