Proxmox 3.4 Install on HP Microserver Error

sam_maher

Mar 18, 2015
Hi,

I have been trying to install Proxmox 3.4 on to the HP Proliant micro server (7th Gen) that i have. But when i try and boot from the install disk i get "error: file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/efi_gop.mod' not found" and then the screen says "input not supported". I have tried burning Proxmox to another disk and tried installing it on another server ( Which worked fine ). The server has been running Proxmox 3.3 faultlessly Has anyone else come across this error?

-Sam

Im not sure about the proxmox installer, but I know that the debian installer currently has NO support for EFI. For debian there's custom/fixed beta netinst CD images with EFI support added, but that wont help you here. I suppose turning on BIOS-emulation would be your easiest workaround...

For curious people: http://blog.einval.com/debian/CDs

also does that mean the plague that is (U)EFI has started infecting server hardware now?

Last edited:
By chance are there more then one disk attached when you do the install? If so try install with only one disk attached. A couple days ago i installed using usb to what i thought was the only disk . it did not work due to having a ssd attached inside the chassis. after removing the ssd, reinstall to hdd worked.

I had the older version of proxmox running fine on this box, has something changed with the latest release?. I have contacted HP who have said the board isn't UEFI Compliant.

There is only only two things attached. the ODD and one HDD.

Update:- I have just tried installing Debian and it works fine?

Last edited:
No problem on odd .
Then the multiple disk issue is not the cause of the install issue. Hopefully someone can help with a solution.

You where sort of correct all along. I needed the DVD drive out of it for another computer. I then brought a new one and it installed first time.

Thanks for the help.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!