Anyone running Tomcat/JBoss/Oracle on OpenVZ CT?

Tony

Renowned Member
Nov 4, 2010
Hi,

the title says it all. We are considering to move a monster web application from a physical host to virtual machine, and I wonder if openvz fits the bill. I have been using openvz for years, however I didn't have any virtual machine that scale (32-64G RAM, with Tomcat/JBoss/Oracle running on it). Can someone share your experience with such heavy virtual machine? Is it worth consider kvm instead?

Regards,
Tony

We run a Legacy system with tomcat/Jboss/MySQL with 32GB in a KVM. We did P2V of the old system into KVM. So far no problems. I don't know how it would bevave in OpenVZ. Anyway KVM is a good choice for such a approach.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!