IPv6

matthew

Renowned Member
Jul 28, 2011
Is there a how too for using IPv6 on containers? It seems to work fine for bridged containers but would also like it on venet based containers.

Is there a how too for using IPv6 on containers? It seems to work fine for bridged containers but would also like it on venet based containers.

Just add the IPV6 address on the GUI (like you do with IPv4). Of cause, you need working IPv6 setup on the host side.

On the host how do I add the IPv6 address and route? I see nowhere in proxmox interface to do it. Normally I add this to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 on centos.

IPV6INIT=yes
IPV6ADDR=26xx:xxxx::1001/64
IPV6_DEFAULTGW=26xx:xxxx::1

Where do I add that on proxmox? I imagine it needs added to vmbr0 somehow?

So do I just create a new "Linux Bridge" on the host node to get IPv6 working on host and containers? I would really like to know how to make IPv6 work on Venet containers.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!