Saving backups to a vm on node 1 (3 node setup)

how can i best do this?

if I get what you mean, you can do best this not doing it in the first place.
imho it is a very bad idea... just think again about this. is that vm (and all the other's) backup going to be stored on itself? really?

but you could do that using the vm to serve a network folder, somehow, and mount that as backup-enabled storage in pve cluster, probably.

Marco

doesnt even have to be on a vm there, storage on node 1 is good to, how can i make node 2 and 3 allow to backup to 1

see,
because you say "node 1, node 2 and node 3" I guess they are inside the same pve cluster?
if yes, then pve cluster shares same storages (even those for backups) between all its nodes.
so if you create a storage, you create that at cluster ("datacenter") level, and all nodes see it.
if it is a "local" storage, each node has locally that storage enabled (path must exist), but this is not a shared storage so it is usable only from each nodes, really.

if you choose a shared storage enabled for backups (say, NFS), that is seen and usable from all nodes.
if your vm has a NFS server, you can mount an exported NFS share from that vm and mount from "datacenter" a NFS storage enabled for backups, usable from all nodes.

but this, as said, is a very, very bad idea, imho. don't do it.

Marco

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!