install certificat GANDI wildcard

thierryb

Jan 7, 2015
Hi all.

Source : https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/HTTPSCertificateConfiguration

I have a Proxmox online.net v3.3 server and SSL wildcard * .domain.tld.

Here certificate files I own:
Gandi-intermediate.pem
server.crt
server.csr
server.key

I would like correctly installed my certificate * .domain.tld

In the source documentation, it is not stated how the .crt file.

Does anyone have a clear procedure to install a certificate from GANDI?

In advance, thank you.

I dont about Gandi, but I installed Comodo Wildcard SSL using the following steps. I must caution that this steps worked just fine before the Proxmox 3.3 upgrade. For some reason it did not work well with 3.3 and wildcard. I may not have put enough time into to figure out why it did not work. But it works fine for non wildcard SSL.

MUST DO BACKUP OF YOUR ORIGINAL PROXMOX CERTS BEFORE YOU PROCEED WITH ANY SSL INSTLLATION!!

1. # cp /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem.bak

2. # cp /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key.bak
3. # cp /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem.bak
4. Download certs from provider
5. On a windows pc open 3 copies of Wordpad with blank pages. Save one of them as pve-ssl.pem.txt, second one as pve-root-ca.pem.txt and third one pve-ssl.key.txt
6. Open mydomain.crt, ca.crt and all 3 Intermediate certs on different WordPad
7. Copy/paste certs on pve-ssl.pem.txt in this order: mydomain.crt, Intermediate Cert #3, Intermediate Cert #2, Intermediate Cert #1
8. Copy/paste certs on pve-root-ca.pem.txt in this order: Intermediate Cert #3, Intermediate Cert #2, Intermediate Cert #1, ca.crt
9. Copy/paste server key on pve-ssl.key.txt
10. Copy all 3 files : pve-ssl.pem.txt, pve-root-ca.pem.txt, pve-ssl.key.txt to /home/ssl
11. # cp /home/ssl/pve-ssl.pem.txt /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.pem
12. # cp /home/ssl/pve-ssl.key.txt /etc/pve/local/pve-ssl.key
13. # cp /home/ssl/pve-root-ca.pem.txt /etc/pve/pve-root-ca.pem
14. # service pveproxy restart
15. # service pvedaemon restart.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!