Backup Storage

milkymouse

Jan 7, 2015
Hello.

On Proxmox VE 3.3-5 I can't add backup storage. Just missing this type of content from drop-down list. Tried 'directory' and 'NFS'.

On Proxmox VE 3.2-4 this type of content appears when I add 'directory' or 'NFS' storage.

My question is: on backup jobs I can use only storages marked as 'backup' or there is some way to use any storages for this purpose?

Hello milkymouse,

On Proxmox VE 3.3-5 I can't add backup storage. Just missing this type of content from drop-down list. Tried 'directory' and 'NFS'.

Cannot imagine, I use currently 3.3-7:

vzdump.png

My question is: on backup jobs I can use only storages marked as 'backup' or there is some way to use any storages for this purpose?

Yes, on command line; if you e.g. want to backupo VM 199 to directory /home/mydir/dumps it looks like:

Code:
vzdump -dumpdir /home/mydir/dumps  199

Kind regards

Mr.Holmes

I don't use containers. It's for kvm. As I can see you don't have 'backup' content type of storage too. Where is content type storage 'Backup'?

Proxmox VE 3.2-4 screenshot:

2015-01-07-185008_1366x768_scrot.png

From gui it is possible to create backup job only to storage marked as 'backup' content type.

So the question is the same.

Hello milkymouse,

I don't use containers. It's for kvm. As I can see you don't have 'backup' content type of storage too. Where is content type storage 'Backup'?

Proxmox VE 3.2-4 screenshot:

View attachment 2437

From gui it is possible to create backup job only to storage marked as 'backup' content type.

So the question is the same.

It´s just a change in terminology: Backups = VZDump backup file

Can be used for both KVMs and CTs - "vzdump" is the name of the backup-program which is the same for both types.

Kind regards

Mr.Holmes

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!