Shared storage installation

happymeal

Jan 6, 2015
www.colocore.ch
Hi Guys

At the moment we are using ESXi 5.5 for our projects. But we want try Proxmox for part of our customer vps section, so we can easily integrate it in WHMCS: Customer should be able to order and then it's all automated.

What I have to start with for the test environment:
2x HP Blade BL685c G6
1x HP D2200sb Storage Blade
1x HP BL480c G6 partnered with the storage blade

Basically this means: I got a storage and 2 nodes.

what I want:
- create one huge storage pool and let both (or more) nodes access that same pool.
- when someone orders in whmcs, the machine will be created on the node that has enough ressources
- easily adding a 3rd, 4rd node
- HA is not necessary, as long as I can manually start the VMs from another node, if the original one breaks down

What storage software/technology would you use? Connect it with iscsi? What software? I have VSA LeftHand if that is an option.

If someone has experience with it, you can also contact me and earn some money beside, as I don't know proxmox yet.

Thanks
Roger

Hi !

I usually work on IBM blades && IBM storewize, but is the same...
You can interface the blades using fibre channel on the SAN (8 gbps is the good speed).
Use LVM shared storage on the SAN, is rock solid ane very fast !

Luca

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!