Proxmox on dedicated ovh server with one physical network card and 15 FailOver IP

IniciO

Dec 22, 2014
Hello.

I would like to use proxmox on a dedicated server from OVH.
The server is in proxmox 3.3 version.
The server as an IP address who it's used by management interface.
I would like to install a Sophos Firewall on a virtual machine and assign all FailOver IP at the external interface of the firewall.
Behind the firewall, we want to create some LAN interfaces.
We want that all traffic pass through the firewall.
I don't know how to configure the interfaces file to do that.
Could someone help me please ?
Thanks.

Regards,
Olivier

I would do this way (hope you will receive an answer also from someone that deploy such settings, mine is only theory and "how I would do if I were you")
Assign your public "managemenet" single ip to vmbr0.
Then create one bridge that is not linked to any physical interface, let's name it vmbr99 and reboot to take effect.
The firewall VM will have 2 virtual nics, the one "wan" connected to vmbr0 (let's say eth0 and assign to it your 15 failover IP) and the other "lan" to vmbr99 (let's say eth1 with 192.168.1.0/24 subnet).
All your other vm will be connected to vmbr99, and their eth0 will be in 192.168.1.0/24 subnet.
Your firewall has to do some NAT and port forwarding, of course.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!