Four node HA cluster on Dell Optiplex Desktops

mbostwic

Dec 1, 2014
Hey guys,
Here's what I'm trying to accomplish. I have four Dell Optiplex Desktops that have been configured for clustering, which worked just fine. I want to make them HA clusters and the fencing has got me a little bit stumped. I followed the Proxmox wikis on both configuring two node clusters and the specific one to fencing. First, I wanted to know if I could just alter the : <cman two_node="1" expected_votes="1"> </cman> to read
<cman four_node="1" expected_votes="1"> </cman>. Second, all the information I have seen with fencing is on specific equipment, so I'm not sure if this can be possible on a desktop system to begin with. Also, I modified this entry with two more nodes, was that a good choice? :
<fencedevices>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="nodeA.your.domain" login="hpilologin" name="fenceNodeA" passwd="hpilopword"/>
<fencedevice agent="fence_ilo" hostname="nodeB.your.domain" login="hpilologin" name="fenceNodeB" passwd="hpilologin"/>
</fencedevices>

ps I altered the hostname to ipaddr and included my addresses and the login="<to my login> as well as the passwd entry, but not the fencedevice agent entry
because I don't know what that is.
Any advice would be greatly appriciated!!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!