Possible problem with VM Windows 2008 R2 with Proxmox 3.3 or Hardware issue?

FcbInfo

Renowned Member
Dec 21, 2012
Hi there.

I have 2 servers working with Proxmox.

Server 1 = Proxmox 3.2
Server 2 = Proxmox 3.3

If I get a copy of VM from 3.2 and put it to work over the 3.3, after some hours the windows 2008 gets totally freeze.
On the 3.2, I have it working without any restart or issue for more than 60 days, without any problems, but the same VM running over the 3.3 do never pass more than 1 day without freeze.
When It is freeze, I login to console and hit ctrl + alt + del and the password screen do not appear.
Everything inside the server is freeze and I know it because I have some online services inside this VM and these services stop to work.

There is any logs, or debug files of I can start to search if we have some problem on the node?

Thank you for help!

Hello

Since it works on first node then there must be something wrong on node2, for example hardware problem?
Have you used the normal backup/restore procedure to restore the vm on node2?
What kind of hardware has node2(cpu,ram,storage)?
Do you have other vms on node2 working correctly?
What about vm config? do you use virtio?

The hardware on nodes is exactly the same.

E5-2620 - 64bg ram - 512 ssd.

The copy I did shutdown on VM in the first server, copied raw file to the new server and did the same configs.

I also tried to change RAM from one server to another server.

I'm using Virtio at all... hdd, ethernet, virtio ballon driver.

I don't know if the VM is using the latest version of driver 1.8xxx or 1.6xxx.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!