HylaFax Server - Ubuntu

We're getting quite a few requests for some type of Fax Server.

What are the chances of getting a HylaFax Server built on top of Ubuntu.

-obj

Il works of course!
But the problem is the hardware related to the fax...

A modem probably works remapping the serial port....

I've worked even with ISDN PCI card but i've used a dirty trick to let it work
with a daemon on the proxmox itself and one on the VM.

Diaolin

Proxmox sees the serial device for the modem at /dev/ttyS0, but the openVZ appliance does not.

How can I remap this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

-obj

Proxmox sees the serial device for the modem at /dev/ttyS0, but the openVZ appliance does not.

How can I remap this to work?

Any help would be appreciated.

-obj

--devnodes device:r|w|rw|none Give access (r - read, w - write, rw - read write, none - no access) to special file /dev/device from a VE. from man vzctl....

Diaolin

Please can you give us more details?

Yes, i installed the PCI card (AVM) on the Proxmox machine and installed Hylafax +
capi4hylafax and the AVM drivers (fcpci). Modified hosts file in the etc tree of hylafax root adding the "remote" possiblity to connect to the server for the KVM machine.
Then, configured the virtual machine to send faxes through remote host(PROXMOX),
adding to the sendfax command the parameter "-h PROXMOXIP"

Ciao
:cool:

--devnodes device:r|w|rw|none Give access (r - read, w - write, rw - read write, none - no access) to special file /dev/device from a VE. from man vzctl....

Diaolin

The special device /dev/ttyS0 does not exist in the VE.

-obj

Re: HylaFax Server - Ubuntu (Resolved)

Here is what I did to resolve the missing serial device in the VM.

1. ssh into the ProxMox VE server, not the VM

2. vzctl set 101 --devnodes ttyS0:rw --save
(where 101 = VMID of VM needing access to serial device, and ttyS0 = /dev/ttyS0 device that the modem is attached to. No need to prefix '/dev/' )

3. logged out of VE server and ssh into VM 101

4. did "ls -l /dev/ttyS0" and device was available

5. ran "faxsetup" from hylafax setup and all worked fine.

-obj

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!