"Error: unexpected status" when deleting VM (Ceph)

gb_2014

Nov 19, 2014
Hello,

I have multiple VMs running inside of my cluster which are link-cloned from Ceph templates.

If I destroy (via API) several VMs around the same time I will all but the first operation will fail with "Error: unexpected status", with the log showing:

Code:
trying to aquire lock... OK
trying to aquire cfs lock 'storage-ceph' ...TASK ERROR: got lock request timeout

I also get this if I try and delete several templates at the same time (usually these are also link-cloned from a parent template, but not sure if this is related).

Is there a way to make this work? Obviously I can build retry logic into my app, but that's a bit of a hack...

pve-manager/3.3-1/a06c9f73 (running kernel: 3.16.2) - cluster (3 nodes with Ceph)

Thanks!

George

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!