Apr 28, 2005
Proxmox High Availability

https://www.packtpub.com/virtualization-and-cloud/proxmox-high-availability
(Print + eBook)

by Simon M.C. Cheng
October 2014

Introduce, design, and implement high availability clusters using Proxmox

Content

In this book Simon M.C. Cheng explains how to build a high availability cluster with a distributed filesystem using Proxmox VE.

Overview

• Plan and construct a high availability environment from scratch using Proxmox VE
  • Migrate current systems to high availability clusters to improve the level of service availability
  • A step-by-step guide to disaster recovery, on failed high availability clusters

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader

No one has replied yet?

I got the book, lot of good stuff here. Found it well worth $$. I have worked aound Prox for a 2-3 years and have worked IT in some form longer than I will say or remember?

Its not just about HA as it title suggest, but covers some of the requirements and steps to bring your cluster to HA status with what I thought was pretty good explanations/why/how at each step.

I'll be keeping this around as a pretty decent reference manual.

Thanks Simon and all parties involved.

Hi to all, especially to the creators of this book.

On the one hand, seeing the index of book "Proxmox High Availability", I guess that it is a great book (i will buy it), and for other hand, please, let me to do a question according to my needs, and of course that i am talking with much respect to the creators of the book that I'm sure they did with a great effort and professionalism.

I guess that a book titled "Best practices in PVE" will be a real best seller, or at least in my mode think, if is that the book include these kind of topics:

- Tests benchmark, comparisons and best practices of: iSCSI , HBAs, LVM as block device in local disks, file systems mounted, etc.
- I/O schedulers for Hosts and guests
- The size of blocks in the HDD (for apply the format in the new HDDs or the initialization of disk blocks in the RAID controllers) and the perfomance with the VMs.
- Tests benchmark, comparisons and best practices of file systems: ext3, ext4 (both with and without barriers) zfs, btrfs, etc.
- Best use of SSD
- QEMU and his kind of buffers
- Best practices in HA
- Tests benchmark, comparisons and best practices of: Infiniband and ethernet
- Tests benchmark, comparisons and best practices of: GlusterFS and Ceph
- Practices for apply the configurations shown above (step by step).
- etc

At least for me, if it existed a book like this, I could not wait more to buy it, and therefore i want to ask if it would be possible to make such a book.

Either way, congratulations again, that you deserve it.

Best regards
Cesar

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
hola amigos alguien sabe como particionar el disco duro antes o despues de instalar proxmox???

Hi guys! I'am a quite newer and I don't know where so I decided to write here.
I have a problem with my Proxmox proxmox-ve-3.10.0 4.0-31 all The Proxmox Virtual Environment
proxmox-ve-3.10.0 4.0-31
I installed it on the Debian jessie. When I created the cluster (3 nodes)
And I want to have HA on it. But I have a problem with HA
When I click on HA in the web I have an error
unknown file cluster.conf at /usr/share/perl5/PVE/Cluster.pm line 906 (500)
I dont know what to do - because it's difficult to find any related information
to the error. I see that there is no cman any more So how to make cluster works?

Date: Fri Mar 27 13:03:34 2015
Quorum provider: corosync_votequorum
Nodes: 3
Node ID: 0x00000002
Ring ID: 268
Quorate: Yes

Votequorum information
----------------------
Expected votes: 3
Highest expected: 3
Total votes: 3
Quorum: 2
Flags: Quorate

Membership information
----------------------
Nodeid Votes Name
0x00000002 1 192.168.2.21 (local)
0x00000003 1 192.168.2.161
0x00000001 1 192.168.2.162
I would be appreciated for any help.

Hi guys! I'am a quite newer and I don't know where so I decided to write here.
Hi,
you should open a new thread for that.
I have a problem with my Proxmox proxmox-ve-3.10.0 4.0-31 all The Proxmox Virtual Environment
proxmox-ve-3.10.0 4.0-31
I installed it on the Debian jessie.
jessie are not supported yet.
Try the normal installation - the best choice for beginners - or on top of wheezy.

the upcomming pve 4.x are based on jessie.

Udo

Hi,
you should open a new thread for that.

jessie are not supported yet.
Try the normal installation - the best choice for beginners - or on top of wheezy.

the upcomming pve 4.x are based on jessie.

Udo

I started to use Proxmox from the version 1.8 - But I'am here for the firts time =)

Ok. Thank you I will do it

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!