PVE can not create an NFS storage when using a second NIC

cesarpk

Mar 31, 2012
Hi to all

Anybody that can help me.

I see that PVE have a problem with the communication with the NFS storage when the PVE host have other IP address in other NIC for the NFS communication.

All my PVE servers have nfs-kernel-server installed and configured in a second physical and separate LAN.

For example:
Zone of Servers of Virtualization
PVE-1 on NIC1 = 10.1.1.1 -> LAN of PVE and VMs.
PVE-1 on NIC2 = 10.2.2.1 -> LAN of the Backups.
(Separate physical and logical networks for this host)

PVE-2 on NIC1 = 10.1.1.2 -> LAN of PVE and VMs.
PVE-2 on NIC2 = 10.2.2.2 -> LAN of the Backups.
(Separate physical and logical networks for this host)

Zone of NFS Servers
(without PVE Cluster)
PVE-NFS on NIC1 = 10.1.1.200 -> LAN of PVE.
PVE-NFS on NIC2 = 10.2.2.200 -> LAN of the Backups.
Also are separate physical and logical networks in this host.
(10.2.2.200 is the NIC where PVE-NFS must receive the data of backups)

When i try configure in the PVE GUI the NFS storage, i wait a long time, and nothing happens, when i try by CLI (from a Virtualization Server):
"showmount -e 10.2.2.20", after 30 seconds or 1 minute, I see the exportation.

Also, i have tried the command showmount between the distinct hosts PVE, and works well for the LAN communication but not for the LAN-OF-BACKUPS.

Comands as "ping" and "iperf" for the PVE-NFS Servers in the LAN-OF-BACKUPS give me good results.

Not matter if i have bond, bridge, or anything in the LAN-OF-BACKUPS, always "showmount" takes a while to show results.

This problem is present with PVE 2.3 , 3.1, and 3.3.

Can anybody tell me how fix it?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!