CT creation on nfs storage really slow

roninhockley

Nov 17, 2013
I saw a thread about this from a few years back but it didn't go anywhere.

I have 2 nodes in cluster and they are connected to an nfs share via Infiniband to a ZFS storage server.

I used iperf to confirm thruput to around 4gb so the link is fine.

But when I create a new container and choose to store the private area on the NFS share, the creation takes forever.

I go to the ZFS server and watch the folder grow by about a mb per second.

Is this just the unpacking and rsyncing over the wire taking forever? Tiny files dont do good on any network link i know.

i think maybe the better question is how to manually do it. i can unpack a template on the zfs box itself then clone a conf file from another one since i have them all the same. what about quota or root?

in other words what goes where? i am currently creating a ct on nfs and it will finish sometime tonite. in the morning i can just reverse engineer it i guess.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!