Restore VMfile.vma.lzo

Crashed means all the VMs have an io-error and won't function.

I know a little bit about Linux, but I don't know specific Proxmox commands or paths.
How much money do you want, to make your Proxmox restore work and show me the correct Proxmox commands and paths?

As mentioned, I have a back up named vzdump-qemu-1652014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo.

I don't know how Proxmox backup and restore work, which is why I'm on this forum to work through the understanding with fellow helpful technologists.

I have read the # man qmrestore and # man vzrestore, but they weren't much help, only about 50 lines.

So, do you mean to say I transfer the backed up file vzdump-qemu-1652014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo from the old Proxmox to the new Proxmox in directory var/lib/vz/dump and then type command # qmrestore?
Where do I type in the command # qmrestore? In Proxmox > Shell > Login > root: Password: <Proxmox CLI password> > # qmrestore > # Enter?

Last edited:
Crashed means all the VMs have an io-error and won't function.

I know a little bit about Linux, but I don't know specific Proxmox commands or paths.
How much money do you want, to make your Proxmox restore work and show me the correct Proxmox commands and paths?

As mentioned, I have a back up named vzdump-qemu-1652014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo.

I don't know how Proxmox backup and restore work, which is why I'm on this forum to work through the understanding with fellow helpful technologists.

I have read the # man qmrestore and # man vzrestore, but they weren't much help, only about 50 lines.

So, do you mean to say I transfer the backed up file vzdump-qemu-1652014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo from the old Proxmox to the new Proxmox in directory var/lib/vz/dump and then type command # qmrestore?
Where do I type in the command # qmrestore? In Proxmox > Shell > login > root: Password: <Proxmox CLI password> > # qmrestore?
Hi,
login as root on the new host and do an
Code:
qmrestore /var/lib/vz/dumpvzdump-qemu-1652014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo 165 -storage local
that should be all. If your networkconfig is different on the new server, you must adapt the settings (like the VM was on the old server at bridge vmbr5 and the new server has vmbr10 (for the same network).

Udo

So, I tried a command but receive error:
root@proxmox:/var/lib/vz/dump# qmrestore /var/lib/vz/dump vzdump-qemu-165-2014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo 165 -storage local
400 wrong number of arguments
qmrestore <archive> <vmid> [OPTIONS]

So I restored with command root@proxmox:/var/lib/vz/dump# qmrestore vzdump-qemu-165-2014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo 165 -storage localI tried starting the restored VM and error: TASK ERROR: volume 'local:iso/CentOS-6.5-x86_64-netinstall.iso' does not exist

So I restored with command root@proxmox:/var/lib/vz/dump# qmrestore vzdump-qemu-165-2014_11_03-12_55_44.vma.lzo 165 -storage localI tried starting the restored VM and error: TASK ERROR: volume 'local:iso/CentOS-6.5-x86_64-netinstall.iso' does not exist
Hi,
buy Wasims proxmox-book!

After that you can edit your cdrom of the VM and don't us any file (or upload the CentOS-6.5-x86_64-netinstall.iso).

This will be the last post of me in this thread!!

So, 3 of 5 VMs backed up and restored.
VM1 back up gave error.
VM3 back up gives error no space.
There's 30GB available?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!