The Alias directive will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias

F

fluke

After an upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3 the following warning occurs

The Alias directive in /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/pve.conf at line 44 will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alias

Re: The Alias directive will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alia

line 44 is:

Alias /javascript/ /usr/share/javascript/

maybe you have defined that somewhere else too?

Re: The Alias directive will probably never match because it overlaps an earlier Alia

line 44 is:

Alias /javascript/ /usr/share/javascript/

maybe you have defined that somewhere else too?

I found the problem.
The file /etc/apache2/conf.d/javascript-common.conf, which is part of the javascript-common package, defined the same alias. Removing this file fixed the problem.

ah someone beat me to the question, i just deleted the symlink (as that is what it is) so that it can be reinstated if needed later on after a further update, a PVE dev maybe able to shed some light on this

why do you need the javascript-common package?

I personally did not install this package myself. I saw that this package is a dependency for wwwconfig-common, which is present on my system, but I did not explicitly install this one either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Standard installation does not include 'wwwconfig-common'

i was forced down the pve on top of lenny route so when it did its dependancy check and install it must have installed them automatically, good to know its not needed and deleting the file is no problem

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!