Unable to create volume group at /usr/bin/proxinstall line 630

Hi, I have the exact error. I installed proxmox 3.3 on a normal pc, Intel i5 16Gb Ram and HDD 4Tb x4 on RAID 10.I tested install on RAID 1 (using two disk) but, I cant. and then I tested using proxmox 3.1.I'm trying how to solve the problem. When you have publishes news.Thank you

The 2 reasons I got this error was:

1. Accidentally specified a partition larger than the drive had space for, so creation was failing.
2. There is another drive in the system that already have a physical volume (part of lvm setup) named pve. This will affect you even if it's not on the drive that you are trying to install it to. As long as that volume exists on any of the drives in the system, the installer will fail to create it and quit.

solution for 2 would be to either remove that drive (if you don't need it), or remove the volume with pvremove /dev/sdX

Hope this helps.

Yes, it was the 2 point you mentioned. We have already solved it. Thank you!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!