rbd: error: image still has watchers

RobFantini

Famous Member
May 24, 2012
Boston,Mass
after testing cli migration on a live kvm - the kvm had disk issues. I could only get a read only root file system.

so I replaced it with a backup.

when I tried to remove the bad kvm this error occurred:
Code:
 [COLOR=#000000][FONT=DejaVu Sans]Removing all snapshots: 100% complete...done.[/FONT][/COLOR]
 [COLOR=#000000][FONT=DejaVu Sans]image has watchers - not removing[/FONT][/COLOR]
 [COLOR=#000000][FONT=DejaVu Sans]Removing image: 0% complete...failed.[/FONT][/COLOR]
 [COLOR=#000000][FONT=DejaVu Sans]rbd: error: image still has watchers[/FONT][/COLOR]
 [COLOR=#000000][FONT=DejaVu Sans]TASK ERROR: rbd rm 'vm-999-disk-1' error: rbd: error: image still has watchers[/FONT][/COLOR]

We use a ceph cluster.

so my questions -

how to deal with the 'watchers' ?

are there limitations on moving kvm's to another system from cli? like it can't be running?

Reactions: codingspiderfox

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!