After upgrading from 3.2 to 3.3 + old pve-qemu-kvm + ceph = vm doesnt start

johnplv

Renowned Member
Jul 19, 2013
What would prevent problems with the activation of business applications after update qemu
I did as advised in this thread http://forum.proxmox.com/threads/19...impressions-and-a-problem?p=100629#post100629
Code:
apt-mark hold pve-qemu-kvm
and upgrade to 3.3
after that I can not start the VM:
Code:
kvm: -drive file=rbd:rbd-s3/vm-1140-disk-1:mon_host=**.**.*.11 **.**.*.12 **.**.*.14 **.**.*.13 **.**.*.16:id=admin:auth_supported=cephx:keyring=/etc/pve/priv/ceph/ceph-rbd-s3.keyring,if=none,id=drive-virtio0,discard=on,aio=native,cache=none,detect-zeroes=unmap: could not open disk image rbd:rbd-s3/vm-1140-disk-1:mon_host=**.**.*.11 **.**.*.12 **.**.*.14 **.**.*.13 **.**.*.16:id=admin:auth_supported=cephx:keyring=/etc/pve/priv/ceph/ceph-rbd-s3.keyring: Block format 'raw' used by device 'drive-virtio0' doesn't support the option 'detect-zeroes'

how to change the configuration of the virtual machine to prevent this error ?

Last edited:
I'm seeing something very similar with pve-qemu-kvm 2.1-10. It's picking up the hostname of the server as a virtio option.

# dpkg-query -l | grep pve-qemu-kvm
ii pve-qemu-kvm 2.1-10 amd64 Full virtualization on x86 hardware

# /usr/bin/kvm -version
QEMU emulator version 2.1.2, Copyright (c) 2003-2008 Fabrice Bellard

kvm: -drive file=rbd:TSCeph/vm-126-disk-1:mon_host=tsproxmox9,tsproxmox10,tsproxmox2:id=admin:auth_supported=cephx:keyring=/etc/pve/priv/ceph/TSCeph.keyring,if=none,id=drive-virtio0,aio=native,cache=none,detect-zeroes=on: could not open disk image rbd:TSCeph/vm-126-disk-1:mon_host=tsproxmox9: Block format 'raw' used by device 'drive-virtio0' doesn't support the option 'tsproxmox10'

Thanks!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!