VNX 5100 FC SAN problem

laowolf

Renowned Member
Jul 29, 2014
After evaluation, we decide to deploy Proxmox VE (v3.3) for production now.
We have purchased 10 emulex Lpe 1250 HBA cards and 2 VNX 5100 SAN storage, and Powerpath for multipath software.
Is there anyone ever run emulex HBA card and VNX 5100 in Proxmox VE?
I have looked almost every wiki page but found nothing. now my question are as followings.

1. Can emulex Lpe 1250 HBA card run in Proxmox VE 3.3 out of box? Is additional driver needed?

2. The supplier told me that debian linux is not in the official supporting list of Powerpath. Officaly they only provide RPM package.
Was it possible run Powerpath in Proxmox? If impossible to run powerpath, is there any other solutions for FC multipath?

hope I can get some information here, and thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I have tried QLogic HBA card, and proxmox recognized it very well....now I have to wait for my emulex card arriving, once I have it, I will test it immediately....

And I'm a little confused. wasn't proxmox based on debian linux? why did you say that proxmox uses a Redhat 6.5 kernel?

Emulex seems to provide drivers. Remember Proxmox uses a Redhat 6.5 kernel so drivers should be downloaded for Redhat:
http://www.emulex.com/downloads/emulex/drivers/linux/rhel-6-centos-6/drivers/

But before installing and compiling anything I would try to load the default Proxmox kernel and see if that does not find your cards.

I have tried QLogic HBA card, and proxmox recognized it very well....now I have to wait for my emulex card arriving, once I have it, I will test it immediately....

And I'm a little confused. wasn't proxmox based on debian linux? why did you say that proxmox uses a Redhat 6.5 kernel?

Proxmox is Red Hat kernel inside a debian infrastructure.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!