How to create a TigerVNC auto-login shortcut in Windows

JustaGuy

Renowned Member
Jan 1, 2010
Hi,

I've followed the instructions on the Wiki to gain access to my VM via TigerVNC, & it works properly from Windows 7.

Now I'd like to configure the client to automatically connect to the console when I launch it from a shortcut.

First I tried saving the connection from the TigerVNC client window into a .tigervnc file, but it wouldn't launch, giving a 'host not found' error although I could connect through the client connect dialog with the same settings.

I'm able to connect via a standard Windows shortcut, using the following command (Where 'x' is the IP, & 'y' is the port):

Code:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\TigerVNC\vncviewer.exe" x.x.x.x:yyyyy

But every time I connect via this method I have to first click 'Yes' to a dialog which asks:
"Hostname (x.x.x.x) does not match any certificate, do you want to continue?"

Then I have to log in & type "root@pam" & the password before it'll finally bring up a screen.

I can't seem to find any information on how to completely automate this process so that all I have to do to get a local screen is click the shortcut icon.

Does anyone here know how?

Thanks in advance,
-J

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!