[request] VM list remember column changes

BloodyIron

Renowned Member
Jan 14, 2013
it.lanified.com
When I am using server view, and I select a node and search, then see the list of VMs, I want to be able to retain any changes to the columns I make. For example, when I add the Memory Size column, I have to add it every time I come back to this. This is annoying. It would be nice to get more column options too, such as disk IO in/out, for starters. There are some redundant options but good ones too, so maybe revisit this element.

Please?

But, with html5 storage, I think we can delete an element manually
localStorage.removeItem(key);
So, it should be possible to reset it.

Sure, but you need to expose a button to the user to trigger that action (somewhere).

A cookie wouldn't transfer between systems though, which would defeat the point of this by a fair bit. Perhaps some preference per user, or maybe have it set per system? Or, if you are so inclined, make it so this can become an option "menu options per system or per user"?

I'm going to go post to bugzilla now... 23 skiddooo!

Maybe simply with a session cookie ?
Like this on browser close, this is resetted ?

Implementation seem quite simple
http://dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.0/examples/grid/array-grid.html

But, with html5 storage, I think we can delete an element manually
localStorage.removeItem(key);
So, it should be possible to reset it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!