LVM storage disk's 'Remove' button greyed out when browsing storage

JustaGuy

Renowned Member
Jan 1, 2010
Hi,Today I wanted to delete a KVM's disk from LVM storage, but couldn't do anything more than remove the entry from the 'Hardware' tab, because the 'Remove' button was greyed out in that LVM storage page.I was finally able to delete it by removing the VM entirely, which was less than an ideal solution.Later I remembered I could've used lvremove in an ssh session.How can I delete disks? Do I always have to use the command line? Why are my 'Remove' buttons greyed out?

I know this is an old Post but I have the same Problem - the storage in Question is a md raid with lvm on top. Deleting an disk image that was moved to another storage is not possible...

Regards, Jonas

/edit: Okay, one needs to remove the disk images from the vms ("Unused disk image")...

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!