OpenVSwitch Version to use from proxmox repository? (2.0.90-4 or 2.3.0-1)

belette

Oct 20, 2014
Hi Proxmox!

I am reading lot of thread talking about OVS and I am wondering which should be used?
I know it needs to be ovs from proxmox repository and not debian but lot of posts are talking about 2.0.90 and I am seeing now 2.3.0.

Is it working well/fix some issue with the latest?

Many thanks,

Belette

Thanks spirit!
When you said last version you mean 2.3.0-1 I guess?
The reason why I am asking is that I have some issue to make it work with vlan support, it seems that I am in the situation where the vlan are not working well in my system, and I saw that there are some bugs/situation like this due to drivers or kernel support and I was wondering if one version has improved some vlan support in some cases

Thanks spirit!
When you said last version you mean 2.3.0-1 I guess?
The reason why I am asking is that I have some issue to make it work with vlan support, it seems that I am in the situation where the vlan are not working well in my system, and I saw that there are some bugs/situation like this due to drivers or kernel support and I was wondering if one version has improved some vlan support in some cases

Do you use kernel 3.10 ? because openvswitch works better with it.

Was doing my test under a fresh Proxmox install (2.6 kernel)
Spending 2 days to turn the problem from all the angles and about to give up...

I just updated to 3.10 kernel : creating my vswitch, adding my eth, setting a vlan on my IntPort, working like a charm..
I lost 2 days in my life! Thanks for your advice, time to play with OVS seriously and find real problem now...

Merci!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!