2-node cluster: How to allow VMs to automatically start w/o quorum?

would adding a quorum disk be feasible for your setup? thats a MUCH better solution to clustering than running a 2node cluster with expected_votes=1

Details: https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Two-Node_High_Availability_Cluster#Quorum_Disk_Configuration

TL/DR: you need a 10MB iscsi export on a third system to "solve all your problems" :)

Ha - 10Mb Ethernet is not going to happen for me any time soon :) That's okay, though, this is probably overkill. Temporarily declustering the other node is probably my best solution if anyone knows how to do that.

I wasn't talking about 10GBit ethernet. The quorum disk is literally what I said: a random file on a random linux system, with a total size of 10MB, that has to be exported via iscsi.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!