Changing ip address for proxmox cluster

kumarullal

Renowned Member
Jun 17, 2009
LA, USA
My current setup:
prox1 and prox2 with vmbr0 on 192.168.1.x subnet and DRAS interface (Fence Device) 192.168.1.x. My cluster is based on 192.168.1.x subnet.
I want to add vmbr1 for prox1 and prox2 for 10.1.1.x subnet and change the cluster to 10.1.1.x network which is connected to an isolated switch only allowing 10.1.1.x subnet. On the same switch, I am going to attach my ZFS storage also with ip range of 10.1.1.x . I want to also change my cluster.conf form 192.168.1.x to 10.1.1.x for the DRAS interfaces. Finally I want to add a 3rd node prox3 to the cluster with the same config setup.
Can someone tell me steps, I should take in order to achieve this?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
The cluster selects the network to use based on the IP address set in /etc/hosts.

I think this method would work:
Shut down all VMS
Edit /etc/hosts on all nodes.
Reboot all nodes
Prey this method is correct and works.

I always edit hosts file then create/join the cluster. Can't remember if I've ever changed it after cluster creation but if I need to the above is how I would try to do it.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!