ubuntu 14.04 guest with qxl

scap

Sep 27, 2014
I can't seem to get this to work I have the xf86 qxl driver installed and I get the following error at boot. If I try to used the system through virt-viewer it crashes.

[drm:qxl_write_monitors_config_for_encoder] *ERROR* head number too large or missing monitors config: f38000, 0

I have windows guest working great and linux containers but I can't get a linux VM working with the qxl drivers. Probably just missed something but I need a little help.

Thanks!

Sadly I too am suffering from this, but with a 16.04 guest. Did you make any further progress with this issue?

what exactly did you do, and what is not working?

i installed here a ubuntu destkop 16.04.1 with spice already enabled,
worked out of the box

for better integration i installed spice-vdagent
maybe xserver-xorg-video-qxl is not installed?

Hi Dominik,

Thanks for the speedy reply. I have just confirmed that a fresh ubuntu desktop 16.04.1 install works with spice. The particular VM that I referred to in my previous post happened to be a ubuntu server variant that I had then installed the desktop on top off. And yes
spice-vdagent and xserver-xorg-video-qxl are installed. I can't figure out what the difference between the two VMs is at this stage. I'll keep on probing.

Cheers,
Brad.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!