VNC authentication failed

laowolf

Renowned Member
Jul 29, 2014
I have a Proxmox VE 3.2 cluster of 2 nodes. When I visist the vm runing on node A through node A's web GUI, it runs well. But when I visit the same vm through node B‘s web GUI, it reports "authentication failed". Is it normal? or have I missed some configuration work?

That should work. Please check system time on both nodes - should be in sync.
I have reset the time of the Proxmox by "date -s hh:mm:ss", after that the problem was solved.
Is there any offical method for sync time of Proxmox servers? I have checked the Proxmox wiki and found nothing about that.

How to configure the NTP of Proxmox VE? According to Debian handbook, it is configured through /etc/ntp.conf, but I didn't find this file....any clues?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!