NoVNC Bug

cwathan

Mar 11, 2014
I know Proxmox does not offer support for items delivered in no-sub but, has anyone tried using NoVNC on OS X w/ any of the common browsers?

Status of NoVNC with common OS X browsers:

(Latest)
Safari: Loads... Returns: "Server Disconnected Code: 1006"

Firefox: Loads... Does not seem to actually send or receive data to the VM's terminal (blank term screen)

Opera: Loads... Does not seem to actually send or receive data to the VM's terminal (blank term screen)

If someone else has run into these issues and found a solution, sharing said solution would be appreciated by others. If no solution has been found it would be good for others to post their woes in this thread so that Proxmox may have a useful set of data from which to tweak the install before it goes into the pve sub repository.

Regards,
Chris

works great on my mac book pro (mid 2013) - safari, firefox and chrome (others just not tested).

so your issue is not on the desktop OS or browser side.

I'm not using Mac but I have seen similar errors on high-latency, low-bandwidth connections, such as a slow DSL line. Regardless of browser used (tried most recent FF and Chrome). I don't know if it helps.

Works fine here, at least on Firefox 32, Chrome 37.

Safari 7 like yours (server disconnected : 1006).

MacBook Pro Retina, late 2013.

Proxmox running into virtualbox, a 2 nodes cluster, on the MacBook Pro, and lubuntu VM under proxmox.

Christophe.

On my 2011 early Macbook Pro, with OS X 10.9.5, Safari 7.1, FF 31, Chrome 38, I get console using the default NoVNC on FF and Chrome for KVM while for OVZ, it opens and simply hangs without getting the login prompt.
But on Safari, I just get the "Server disconnected (code 1006)" error for both KVM and OVZ.

Its a black colour blank screen with a white blinking cursor. Pressing enter just moves it down and typing something also displays the typed characters. Should I check any log file?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!