cluster config won't validate any more

dallen1.unm

Sep 2, 2014
My configs been working fine, but when I went to add a new vm to HA today, I found that it wouldn't validate. I just updated to the Kernel to 2.6.32-32. The issue seems to be with the timeout stdin for fence_ipmilan.

Won't work:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?><cluster config_version="39" name="CLUSTER">
  <cman keyfile="/var/lib/pve-cluster/corosync.authkey"/>
  <fencedevices>
    <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="10.10.10.19" lanplus="1" login="pve" name="node1" passwd="SECRET" power_wait="5" timeout="300"/>
    <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="10.10.10.20" lanplus="1" login="pve" name="node2" passwd="SECRET" power_wait="5" timeout="300"/>
    <fencedevice agent="fence_ipmilan" ipaddr="10.10.10.21" lanplus="1" login="pve" name="node3" passwd="SECRET" power_wait="5" timeout="300"/>
  </fencedevices>
  <clusternodes>
    <clusternode name="pve-01" nodeid="1" votes="1">
      <fence>
        <method name="1">
          <device name="node1"/>
        </method>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>
    <clusternode name="pve-02" nodeid="2" votes="1">
      <fence>
        <method name="1">
          <device name="node2"/>
        </method>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>
    <clusternode name="pve-03" nodeid="3" votes="1">
      <fence>
        <method name="1">
          <device name="node3"/>
        </method>
      </fence>
    </clusternode>
  </clusternodes>
  <rm>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="100"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="101"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="102"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="103"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="104"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="105"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="106"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="107"/>
    <pvevm autostart="1" vmid="108"/>
  </rm>
</cluster>

Running the above creates the following message:
Code:
ccs_config_validate -f /etc/pve/cluster.conf.newRelax-NG validity error : Extra element fencedevices in interleave
tempfile:4: element fencedevices: Relax-NG validity error : Element cluster failed to validate content
tempfile:27: element device: validity error : IDREF attribute name references an unknown ID "node3"
tempfile:20: element device: validity error : IDREF attribute name references an unknown ID "node2"
Configuration fails to validate

However, If I remove the timeout stdin for each fencedevice, it will validate.

Without timeout, my fencing is not predictable. Any advice on how to address this would be most appreciated.

Without timeout, my fencing is not predictable. Any advice on how to address this would be most appreciated.

see

# man fence_ipmilan

Note: there is no timeout parameter (only 'login_timeout', 'power_timeout', 'shell_timeout', 'power_wait' or 'delay')

Interesting. The man page is how you've described it. Although timeout used to work. Many online versions of the man page still have timeout as a stdin. For example, the online man page here and here have the timeout stdin. Anyways, thanks for the tip!

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!