High available ZFS storage

Mir, did you read the blog articles at all? The whole thing is for an omnios (or openindiana) based solution, not linux. If you want something linux based (for proxmox), you need to go with Zfs on Linux. Dietmar, the blog mir posted to uses pacemaker+heartbeat. I tried to use it but it did not work for me (or for some others either - virtual IP not working, packages not built properly, etc...) Saso never responded to posts asking about this and has not posted much of anything to that blog for a long time now... I am working on a solution using ZoL with CentOS7 as the storage appliance, with pacemaker+corosync. It works fine, but the sync write performance via NFS sucks due to lack of AIO support. There is a proposed patch by ryao which I tested that greatly improves this, so I am waiting on that to be committed to the tree...

Are you serious? You post links with this tag "If somebody wants to try making a high available ZFS storage for Proxmox..." The blog articles refer specifically to Open Solaris architecture. They will be pretty close to 100% useless to someone who wants to do HA ZFS on a debian platform. There are many, many articles easily findable with google that describe pacemaker+corosync (or heartbeat, although that is deprecated) on Linux (if you go clusterlabs.org that will be a decent starting place for most people...)

They will be pretty close to 100% useless to someone who wants to do HA ZFS on a debian platform.

Im not exactly sure what your problem is, but nobody said anything about a debian platform. You do realize, that storage FOR Proxmox is generally hosted on OTHER physical machines, right?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!