Proxmox 3.2 GIGABYTE H77M-D3H - No network connection

marcelogracia

Nov 21, 2013
I need help with the installation of Proxmox 3.2
I installed on a server (CLONE) with motherboard GIGABYTE H77M-D3H
and I do not get to run the plate onboard network that brings the motherboard.
It is an Atheros GbE LAN CHIP (10/100/1000) and by manual and cd installer does not have support for LINUX.

I must say that Proxmox 3.2 installation was successful, but I can not ping across the network to the Proxmox Server.

As you fix it. ??? I need h

I need help with the installation of Proxmox 3.2 I installed on a server (CLONE) with motherboard GIGABYTE H77M-D3H
~# lspci -knn ## shows you your devices versus kernel modules (drivers) in useDoes dmesg show anything about missing firmware files? The driver is loaded but it can’t maybe initialise the device without firmware which may not be installed because it is non-free.

I need help with the installation of Proxmox 3.2
I installed on a server (CLONE) with motherboard GIGABYTE H77M-D3H
and I do not get to run the plate onboard network that brings the motherboard.
It is an Atheros GbE LAN CHIP (10/100/1000) and by manual and cd installer does not have support for LINUX.

I must say that Proxmox 3.2 installation was successful, but I can not ping across the network to the Proxmox Server.

As you fix it. ??? I need h
Hi,
if you have an cloned system the "old" nics are use eth0 (1,2...) and the new nics the next free.

You can edit /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules to change the right nic to eth0 (or which you used for vmbr0 in /etc/network/interfaces).
After an reboot you should have network again (if the driver is included).
To see all interface you can also do an
Code:
ifconfig -a
Udo

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!