Status = Internal Error

OSIAS

Aug 4, 2014
So this has occurred several times now across several different types of OS's. I upload my ISO - I create a VM - I set the Image - It boots - It installs - OS launches - conduct updates - configure the OS - reboots and comes back no issues.

Next thing you know after a reboot the status is = Internal Error
If your consoled in it says no media to boot from
If you boot off an attached image to conduct a repair, say like windows repair or recovery no difference it goes through the process but still wont boot.

With Win 2008 Server R2 I can get this to happen each time on the first reboot after install.

Its like the MBR for the VM is getting messed up even though I can even hit F12 and tell it to boot form HD or Mounted image etc.

I have done searches and seen multiple threads and pages about this issue, but not one post about a resolution.

One guy mentioned that in his thread that perhaps this software isn't ready and everyone defended it but no one provided a resolution.

Does anyone have some ideas on how to fix this issue?

I am completely out of ideas, I have gone through every bar and option in the web interface and hardware change I can and recovery I can think of.

Anyone know why this is happening?

I am completely out of ideas, I have gone through every bar and option in the web interface and hardware change I can and recovery I can think of.

Anyone know why this is happening?

I have this issue randomnly on windows vm generally happen after a windows update.
Never found why and nobody answer here about this issue.
Haven't found a way to boot the broken disk except switch to another one

What do you mean switch? Create a clone or something or revert to a backup snapshot? Is there no way of editing the MBR perhaps?

Hello OSIAS

What do you mean switch? Create a clone or something or revert to a backup snapshot? Is there no way of editing the MBR perhaps?

Mentioning MBR: Did you try to investigate the MBR by a proper tool (I use in such cases an ubuntu live-CD)?

Kind regards

Mr.Holmes

hmm been working on mbr no success so far..

Also I install software on a machine - use an imaging software and image it - then i boot the imaging software and tell it to recover the image. however the issue is the same internal error.

IE some items are just not working well out of the box.

Ubunto live CD do you have a download link to the one you would recommend for MBR fixes or at least a link to an article and software?

Thanks I might look into that - I instead grabbed the boot repair tool with a bunch of stuff built in like grub etc.

Haven't had a chance to test to see if this resolves my issues yet. However Tomorrow I should get a bit of time to find out.

So I ran it and it said it fixed the problem but if it didn't use this link:

http://paste.ubuntu.com/8170439/

Well it didn't, still doesn't boot. I can get all of the above to work on a physical real server or off a boot CD, Boot USB or network image etc.

Can't get it to work in the Proxmox Enviroment.

I will have to dig into the link a bit more i don't completely know what I am looking at on it or what it should look like.

OSIAS

I run a ton of windows VMs, they all work great for me. Not having the problem myself it is hard to help.
It seems like some data is not being saved properly to disk, are you sure your hardware is in perfect order? Maybe some bad RAM causes this?

You mentioned some other threads with this issue, could you post a link to those here?

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!