Proxmox 3.2: Different IP for Webinterface on internal bridge

BirdyB

Jul 24, 2014
Hi Folks,

i've got a little Problem with my Proxmox: I installed Proxmox on a dedicated Server and the first IP for Proxmox was the public IP of that server. I created an internal bridge (vmbr1) and assigned the IP 10.0.2.2/24 to it. I wasn't able to set the gateway to the virtual router, because the default gateway is already set on vmbr0. Unfortunately i can't access the Proxmox-Webinterface via https://10.0.2.2:8006
Is there any way to achieve access via both ip-addresses?

Thanks for your help!

Best Regards!

Berthold

Hello Berthold

Unfortunately i can't access the Proxmox-Webinterface via https://10.0.2.2:8006
Is there any way to achieve access via both ip-addresses?

Usually it works without any problems - I use frequently different IP address in order to access the WEB-GUI.

Check it with netstat:

Code:
netstat -l | grep 8006
tcp        0      0 *:8006                  *:*                     LISTEN

If you tell us more about your architecture it would be easier to identify your problem. E.g.:
- how is the client (the machine where you use the web-browser) connected to the 10.0.2.0/24 network?
- Does ping work from it?
If not, it´s a problem of network in general, check:
- what shows "ifconfig"?
- what shows "route -n"?

Kind regards

Mr.Holmes

Hello Mr.Holmes,

i just found my mistake. It was a VPN-issue. The default-gateway of proxmox was set to the ISP-Gateway so the routing didn't apply for the proxmox itself. Actually i just set the static route for the VPN and it works.
I'm just wondering if i can remove the public IP from the proxmox vmbr0 and assign it to my virtualized pfSense on proxmox? Do you have any experience with such setups?

Best Regards

Berthold

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!