HA Cluster configuration question

godlike

Jul 23, 2014
Hello!
Is it possible to configure cluster in way, that when failed node come back, containers, that were on that node and relocate to other during fencing, would come back to their original node?
I.e.
1) Normal functionality:
node0[ctid100, ctid103], node1[ctid102], node2[ctid104, ctid105]
2) node2 fail:
node0[ctid100, ctid103, ctid105], node1[ctid102, ctid104], node2[fenced]
3) node2 came back:
node0[ctid100, ctid103], node1[ctid102], node2[ctid104, ctid105]

Is it possible?
Thank you in advance!

Hello,

HA is meant to minimize downtime.
Don't use HA ?

As far as i know, there's no way to migrate CT/VMs automatically to one node or another.
Maybe you could write a script if you really want it..

As far as i know, there's no way to migrate CT/VMs automatically to one node or another.
Maybe you could write a script if you really want it..

Hello!
Thank you for reply!
AFAIK, during fencing, CT/VMs are migrating to alive nodes.
If there is no way to migrate them back, of course, I'll try to write some script code:)

And using the failback option:

"Failback — Allows you to specify whether a service in the failover domain should fail back to the node that it was originally running on before that node failed. Configuring this characteristic is useful in circumstances where a node repeatedly fails and is part of an ordered failover domain. In that circumstance, if a node is the preferred node in a failover domain, it is possible for a service to fail over and fail back repeatedly between the preferred node and another node, causing severe impact on performance."
https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Cluster_Administration/s1-config-failover-domain-cli-CA.html

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!