Proxmox Email Configuration on a Virtual Machine

jakeevans

Jul 21, 2014
Hi Everyone,

I hope someone can help, basically I'm brand new to Proxmox (as I've moved from VMware)
and running around 4 Virtual Machines on it. Everything is configured perfectly, networking, hard drives, RAM, everythings perfect.

The only issue I'm having is basically with email configuration and I hope someone can shed some light.
I've looked everywhere online and just can't see to find what I'm looking for.

Basically when I first set up proxmox and my 4 VM's, everything worked perfectly, on one of my VM's I installed ISPConfig
and used that as a email server. Everything was working great, I could send/receive internal/external emails perfectly.
However, Since Yesterday, I had to reboot the whole of proxmox because I added an additional port to one of my VM's.
The issue is that ever since the reboot, my emails are not working at all.
I can send emails perfectly, and they get delivered fine, but I cant receive any EXTERNAL emails.

I'm wondering if this is because of Proxmox, There is nothing in mail logs on my VM anymore,
but in Proxmox, the mail logs are showing:

Jul 21 00:20:25 sd-64257 postfix/smtpd[12834]: connect from dub004-omc1s33.hotmail.com[157.55.0.232]
Jul 21 00:20:25 sd-64257 postfix/anvil[12840]: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support: Address family not supported by protocol
Jul 21 00:20:25 sd-64257 postfix/trivial-rewrite[12843]: warning: inet_protocols: disabling IPv6 name/address support: Address family not supported by protocol
Jul 21 00:20:25 sd-64257 postfix/smtpd[12834]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from dub004-omc1s33.hotmail.com[157.55.0.232]: 554 5.7.1 <internalispconfig@mydomain.com>: Relay access denied; from=externalemail@hotmail.com to=internalispconfig@mydomain.com proto=ESMTP helo=<DUB004-OMC1S33.hotmail.com>
Jul 21 00:20:25 sd-64257 postfix/smtpd[12834]: disconnect from dub004-omc1s33.hotmail.com[157.55.0.232]

Also when I do send emails from Hotmail to my ispconfig email, I just get a bounce :

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.

I have looked and tweaked a few settings from troubleshooting guides, but now I'm getting these messages
This is the mail system at host xx.xx.xx.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<internalemail>: unknown user: "support"

So, what do I need to do to get this working again?
I have setup everything already and a re-installation isn't really an option.
I'm thinking that when an email comes through, it hits proxmox first, the error occurs and fails delivery to my VM (ISPConfig)
How do I configure proxmox to forward any emails to my VM so ISPConfig can handle the emails, not proxmox?

Thanks,
Jake

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!