Mastering Proxmox - a book about Proxmox VE is finally available

martin

Proxmox Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 28, 2005
If you are looking for a book to read in your holidays, here is our suggestion.

Content

Master Proxmox VE to effectively implement server virtualization technology within your network

Overview

• Learn how to provide big business virtualization technology at small business prices by using Proxmox
  • Walk through every aspect of visualization using Proxmox, from a basic cluster to complex multi-cluster setups
  • A practical, scenario-based guide featuring best practices which will show you everything you need to know to tackle any Proxmox cluster
http://www.packtpub.com/mastering-proxmox/book

Link to Amazon (ebook and paperback available)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1783980826/ref=rdr_ext_tmb

Martin Maurer
Proxmox VE project leader

Last edited by a moderator:
Is the author Wasim Ahmed the same person behind the pseudonym symmcom on this forum?
If it is I am sure the book is worth every penny or every pence in Euroland;-)

Is the author Wasim Ahmed the same person behind the pseudonym symmcom on this forum?
If it is I am sure the book is worth every penny or every pence in Euroland;-)

Indeed it is! :)

All thanks goes to Packt Publishing who made this possible. Also the support of Proxmox management was the most important ingredient.

We hope this book will help many people sharpen their virtualization skills providing razor sharp edge in IT career. Topics directly related to the book can be discussed at www.masteringproxmox.com but keep Proxmox related issues here in this wonderful forum we came to love.

Reactions: MikeP
neato. I wonder whether thered be interest in translating this to german and how complicated that would be lector/publisher-wise.

Indeed it is! :)

All thanks goes to Packt Publishing who made this possible. Also the support of Proxmox management was the most important ingredient.

We hope this book will help many people sharpen their virtualization skills providing razor sharp edge in IT career. Topics directly related to the book can be discussed at www.masteringproxmox.com but keep Proxmox related issues here in this wonderful forum we came to love.

Good Job symmcom. (240 pages, nice work !)

The eBook is available in PDF format as well. I would fine it strange if the downloads for eBook readers is DRM locked when a DRM free version is available in PDF format.

Hi,
Ordered book from Amazon UK on Saturday , Turned up today Monday :)
Book is wonderful and amazing! and just what I was looking for my book collection :)

Just a heads up tho... SPELL CHECK THE BOOK!!!!

I found a spelling error and only 11 pages in...

NF: this can be OmniOS, FreeNAS, Ubuntu and so on

its meant to read NFS:

will keep reading the whole book and advise if anymore I can find :)

Regards

Simon

Last edited:
Hi,
Ordered book from Amazon UK on Saturday , Turned up today Monday :)
Book is wonderful and amazing! and just what I was looking for my book collection :)

Just a heads up tho... SPELL CHECK THE BOOK!!!!

I found a spelling error and only 11 pages in...

NF: this can be OmniOS, FreeNAS, Ubuntu and so on

its meant to read NFS:

will keep reading the whole book and advise if anymore I can find :)

Regards

Simon
Thank you for your kind words! Hope the book serves you to expand your skill with Proxmox.

The book went through extensive editing, proofing, reviewing then more editing. We tried to keep errors down to Zero. If still there are spell errors, i personally apologize on behalf of everybody involved with this book.
But i would for sure want to know the misspells or any suggestions/comments about the book. Please post them on www.masteringproxmox.com.

Last edited:
ok wonderful i will do that and let yours know of them all :)

would you like me to read the whole book then let you know of all/any errors i find? or one at a time as i read?

You can post some for now on the book forum as i am much eager to see the spelling errors. :)

You can post rest all together.

Got mine from Amazon today. Very nicely done. It'll help train up people who are focused heavily on the Vmware/Hyper-V side of things, and see what they have been missing.

If you have a subscription on Safari Online the book is available there too. Luckily I have such a subscription through my job so the book is offline downloaded to my IPad;-)

If you have a subscription on Safari Online the book is available there too. Luckily I have such a subscription through my job so the book is offline downloaded to my IPad;-)

Awesome! Would love to hear your thoughts on the book mir !

Too all book purchaser:

Dont forget to take advantage of 15% discounts on each 3 Proxmox Subscriptions for all "Mastering Proxmox" book purchaser!
You just have to email your proof of purchase to office@proxmox.com to receive your Discount code. Offer is only available when purchased Subscription directly from Proxmox.

Awesome! Would love to hear your thoughts on the book mir !
I am very busy writing a prototype for a coming DHCP server since this requires me to read a lot of new stuff about DHCP6 I will properly not have time for reading the book thoroughly in a couple of weeks.

But first impression: I am bit disappointed over the extend of ZFS;-) For SMB's which don't have money or space for a storage cluster a unified storage server based on ZFS is definitely the answer IMHO. Either Nexenta or, to my taste, Omnios. If a HA storage cluster is a requirement later on Nexenta has built-in support for clustering and clustering can be bought as an add-on for Omnios. So ZFS can scale as well. In my book ZFS shines above all other filesystems, both in performance and in stability and security.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!