OCZ Revodrive driver support

XATRIX

Feb 11, 2013
Ukraine/Kiev
Hi, i'd like to ask you to port mvsas driver from >=3.10 kernel. The trouble i have is: 1) Verndor's driver doesn't work for proxmox or centos. 2) Kernel 2.6.32 - doesn't detect my PCIeX device.

I talked to elrepo repository, kernel maintainer - and they did kmod-mvsas package to backport the main driver. Now i have a working driver even on native centos kernel.

That's a link on the discussion http://elrepo.org/bugs/view.php?id=481

Plase help me with, because i can't use my device with proxmox. Thanks a lot!

Em...you didn't actually get my point. Look, i don't need to map the device into containers. My proxmox kernel doesn't even detect the device. I have no /dev/sd[b-z]. I need exactly updated kernel module to make this device to appear...

Well I have a revodrive and the proxmox kernel does detect it but the problem is it detects two drives instead of one, since it is two separate controllers in raid 0. You can join them up however if you install wheezy set up the software raid then install the proxmox repos and software.

Yes, on Centos kernel i can do it using the modern mvsas driver. But proxmox kernel doesn't provide me 2 chardev. It simply doesn't detect the drivers. Also, the native Centos kernel doesn't detect em as well... So, i'd like to ask you to backport the recent version of mvsas to the proxmox repo, as Centos elrepo did.

I also have such a device, the request to join the creator of the theme, because I wanted to use it for some machines.

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!