pvesh error - API issue?

starnetwork

Renowned Member
Dec 8, 2009
Hi,
after I could not to connect to some server via api I logged-in to the server and did
# pvesh
pve:/> help
and got the error:
Use of uninitialized value in string comparison (cmp) at /usr/bin/pvesh line 326.

this was for about 40 lines with same line and than:

Use of uninitialized value $path in substitution (s///) at /usr/bin/pvesh line 333.
Use of uninitialized value $path in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/pvesh line 337.
create -storage <string> -type <string> [OPTIONS]
Use of uninitialized value $path in substitution (s///) at /usr/bin/pvesh line 333.
Use of uninitialized value $path in concatenation (.) or string at /usr/bin/pvesh line 337.
create -poolid <string> [OPTIONS]
get

anyway know what to do?

best regards,
Star Network.

a new kernel does not update the api, so I assume you need to wait a bit more here (or apply the git fixes by yourself).

a new kernel does not update the api, so I assume you need to wait a bit more here (or apply the git fixes by yourself).

Hi,

When the pve-manager package (where pvesh comes from) gets updated, will a server reboot be required?

I mean, do pve-manager updates come together with kernel updates and therefor require server reboot?

Best regards,
Joel.

no reboot needed (for a new pve-manager package)

Hi,

When's the updated package likely to be released?
I found the commit from May here: https://github.com/proxmox/pve-manager/commit/1a0a454209aac73fe1d6fa4a09650cb1d4df64fd
Looks from https://github.com/proxmox/pve-manager/commits/master/bin/pvesh that the previous was back in October so it's relatively stable.

But it's not sufficient to pull only that one file - from reading the above (and trying the updated file locally) I gather it's not just that file that changed: it is dependent on the kernel update as well.

Thanks,
Martin.

Last edited:

About

The Proxmox community has been around for many years and offers help and support for Proxmox VE, Proxmox Backup Server, and Proxmox Mail Gateway.
We think our community is one of the best thanks to people like you!

Get your subscription!

The Proxmox team works very hard to make sure you are running the best software and getting stable updates and security enhancements, as well as quick enterprise support. Tens of thousands of happy customers have a Proxmox subscription. Get yours easily in our online shop.

Buy now!